According to experts, plastic cutting boards and wood cutting boards are potential for pathogenic bacteria in the kitchen. Some families have gradually replaced them with bamboo cutting boards. The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) has long recommended the use of bamboo cutting boards.
Bamboo cutting board has many advantages such as: Less water absorption, against cutting well, clean, no warping, cracking, so bacteria do not exist in the slot, interstitial cutting board.
The character of bamboo is fast drying, non-sticking, easy to clean, sharp knives also do not leave cutting or mincing stains so the cutting surface is not blackened, or growing humus. Bamboo cutting board has 2 usable sides, one for vegetables and fruits. The other is for meat and fish.
Bamboo is environmentally friendly, hard but not porous, the safety of bamboo cutting boards with food is higher, because bacteria, water, and other liquids are hard to penetrate.
According to some scientific studies, in addition to the above advantages, the bamboo cutting board has the disadvantage that when there is mold phenomenon, it will develop very quickly, only 2-3 days after having a mold mark is almost gray surface.
Therefore, when buying bamboo cutting boards, it is necessary to use food oil (such as mineral oil, vegetable oil) to clean one round of the whole cutting board, then drain. After 24 hours wipe the oil again. This will waterproof the bamboo cutting board.
If bamboo cutting board is used less, about 20-30 days clean with the oil once. If using regularly, every 5-7 days to clean once. Food oil also has a protective effect, making the bamboo cutting board durable and not broken.
Some notes when using bamboo cutting board that help protect bamboo cutting for long and ensure food hygiene and safety:
– After the bamboo cutting board comes in contact with fresh food, clean the cutting board immediately. Wash the cutting board with a detergent solution diluted with warm water, then wipe dry with a soft cloth.
– Do not let the cutting board contact with water long. Do not soak the cutting board because it is easy to grow mold or cracks.
– Do not leave the cutting board in the dishwasher.
– Do not dry the bamboo cutting board by using high heat, or dry in the microwave.
– When using bamboo cutting board for a while, it will turn to old color, use sandpaper to scrub, then wipe with oil, the cutting board will be beautiful again.
– If you use a cutting board for too long until seeing the bamboo fiber on the cutting board surface, you should replace to the new one, because at this time the bamboo cutting board can contain bacteria, not safe for food anymore.
SAFIMEX JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Head Office: 216/20A Duong Ba Trac Street, Ward 2, District 8, HoChiMinh City, Vietnam.
Tel: (+84)-(28)-3636 2388 | Fax: (+84)-(28)-3636 2399
Mail: Sales2@safimex.com | Gmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skype: gautrucluca | HP/WhatsApp: (+84) 396802832
Mail: email@example.com | Skype: agri.viet
HOTLINE: (+84)-903 110 685