(Bánh Ít Nhân Dừa) – Steamed Sticky Rice Cake with Coconut Filling came from many amazing Vietnamese Cuisine is known belong to Southern Vietnamese people. With all simple ingredients are easy to find, they create a fantastic cake for our cuisine.
Wrapped in banana leaves, it will bring a different flavor which no one can make. Moreover, the filling is made from coconut meat extra with some peanut will the best gift for who you love.
– 250g sticky rice flour
– Salt, sugar, hot water
– 110g icing sugar
– 150ml water
– 150g coconut meat (smashed)
– ½ bowl roasted peanut
– Salt, 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
– Banana leaves, steaming pot
– Making cover: Mix sticky rice flour with ½ teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons sugar, pour slowly hot water and stir gently until this mixture becomes soft and smooth. Then, use your hands to knead in 5 minutes, cover it by nylon bag and wait for 1 hour.
– Roast peanut and smash quickly. Mix 110g sugar with 150ml water, bring to cook.
– Cook until the sugar turns to caramel color and quickly add grinded coconut meat into pan, cook more 5 – 10 minutes, turn off the heat.
– Add more roasted peanut, tapioca starch and a little salt, mix well and wait to reduce heat. Use hands to roll into circle shapes.
– Clean well banana leaves, wait to get dry. Cut into rectangle shape (25 x 15cm)
– Create banana leaves into funnel shapes.
– Cut the flour into equal pieces, press gently, add coconut filling on the center, roll and cover well.
– Put one by one ball in each banana leaf, fold the edges carefully. Continue until you finish all balls.
– Bring to steam in 20 – 25 minutes.
SAFIMEX JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Head Office: 216/20A Duong Ba Trac Street, Ward 2, District 8, HoChiMinh City, Vietnam.
Tel: (+84)-(28)-3636 2388 | Fax: (+84)-(28)-3636 2399
Mail: Sales1@safimex.com | Gmail: email@example.com
Skype /HP/Viber/WhatsApp: sales1.safimex / (+84)1665713881