(Bánh Ít Nhân Dừa) – Steamed Sticky Rice Cake with Coconut Filling came from many amazing Vietnamese Cuisine is known belong to Southern Vietnamese people. With all simple ingredients are easy to find, they create a fantastic cake for our cuisine.
Wrapped in banana leaves, it will bring a different flavor which no one can make. Moreover, the filling is made from coconut meat extra with some peanut will the best gift for who you love.
– 250g sticky rice flour
– Salt, sugar, hot water
– 110g icing sugar
– 150ml water
– 150g coconut meat (smashed)
– ½ bowl roasted peanut
– Salt, 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
– Banana leaves, steaming pot
– Making cover: Mix sticky rice flour with ½ teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons sugar, pour slowly hot water and stir gently until this mixture becomes soft and smooth. Then, use your hands to knead in 5 minutes, cover it by nylon bag and wait for 1 hour.
– Roast peanut and smash quickly. Mix 110g sugar with 150ml water, bring to cook.
– Cook until the sugar turns to caramel color and quickly add grinded coconut meat into pan, cook more 5 – 10 minutes, turn off the heat.
– Add more roasted peanut, tapioca starch and a little salt, mix well and wait to reduce heat. Use hands to roll into circle shapes.
– Clean well banana leaves, wait to get dry. Cut into rectangle shape (25 x 15cm)
– Create banana leaves into funnel shapes.
– Cut the flour into equal pieces, press gently, add coconut filling on the center, roll and cover well.
– Put one by one ball in each banana leaf, fold the edges carefully. Continue until you finish all balls.
– Bring to steam in 20 – 25 minutes.
– Finally, you already finished Steamed Sticky Rice Cake with Coconut Filling. The flavor from banana leaves is absorbed into flour will create an interesting flavor which you ever tasted before.
SAFIMEX JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Head office: 216/20A Duong Ba Trac street, Ward 2, District 8, HCM City
Mail: Sales1@safimex.com | Gmail: email@example.com
Skype /HP/Viber/WhatsApp: sales1.safimex / (+84)1665713881