After spending 10 days in Los Angeles with Jason’s family, it’s an understatement to say that we were both very well-fed with homemade Korean food and lots and lots of donuts. But now that the holidays are over and we’re back home, it’s time to shed that holiday weight!
And what better way to shed some of that excess weight than with some glorious homemade salads, right?
Now this BBQ chicken salad has been on my bucket list for years. It’s one of my favorite salads to order when eating out but it also gets to be so expensive! After all, who wants to spend $15 on a salad for lunch?
That’s where this homemade version comes in. It’s so much more inexpensive to make right at home, and you don’t have to skimp on your favorite ingredients!
Plus, you can use your favorite Ranch and BBQ dressings and pile on those crisp tortilla strips because, well, let’s be honest. That’s the best part about the salad anyway, right?
BBQ CHICKEN SALAD
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup tortilla strips
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
- To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with chicken, tomato, corn, beans, onion and cheeses. Pour Ranch dressing and BBQ sauce on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, topped with tortilla strips.
All The Best
SAFIMEX JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Head Office: 216/20A Duong Ba Trac Street, Ward 2, District 8, HoChiMinh City, Vietnam.
Tel: (+84)-(28)-3636 2388 | Fax: (+84)-(28)-3636 2399
Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Skype: agri.viet
Email: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Skype: emma.lenguyen510 – Hp/Whatsapp: 0084 975.584.679