Unsweetened rice milk:
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 cups filtered water
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
Sweetened milk (unsweetened milk, plus below):
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 3 to 6 pitted dates, 2 to 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, or other sweetener
- 1 tablespoon sunflower lecithin (optional)
Chocolate milk (sweetened milk, plus below):
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder, plus more to taste
Cinnamon milk (sweetened milk, plus below):
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to taste
Strawberry milk (sweetened milk, plus below):
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, plus more to taste
- Throw the cooked brown rice, water, and salt in your blender, with any additions (if using), and blast on high for about 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Use whole milk to maximize nutrition. Or strain for a smoother, more commercial-style milk for use in recipes.
- To strain, place a nut milk bag or knee-high piece of sheer nylon hosiery over the opening of a glass bowl, jar or jug. Pour the milk into the bag, twisting the bag closed, and gently squeezing it to pass the liquid through.
- Rinse your blender container, and pour the strained milk back in. Add the sweetener and any flavorings, and blast again, until smooth and creamy.
- Store the milk in a sealed container in the fridge. Activated brown milk (made with soaked rice) will keep for 2 to 3 days in a very cold fridge. Unsoaked rice milk will keep for about 5 days.
WA: 0084 975584679
SAFIMEX JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Head office: 216/20A Duong Ba Trac street, Ward 2, Distric 8, HCM City
Tell: 8428 36362388
Fax: 8428 36362399