After the AC debacle last week, the weather is finally cooling down here in LA, and it’s really beginning to feel like fall, my favorite season of all. From the crisp autumn breeze to the pumpkin spice lattes to the hot dog Halloween costume, what’s not to love?
And to add to this list is this glorious autumn harvest cobb salad, a recipe I developed as a Fisher Fresh Thinker, which just means that I’ll be bringing you plenty of fun recipes using preservative-free Fisher Nuts, just in time for the holidays.
Best of all, Fisher Nuts is hosting a recipe contest using their pecans, walnuts, or almonds for a chance to win a trip to 2 to NYC to meet celebrity chef Alex Guaraschelli! More details below.
So while you think about that winning recipe to get you to New York City, this cobb salad should tide you over.
From the crisp bacon to the fall apples and pears along with the crunchy pecans drizzled in an oh-so-creamy poppy seed dressing, you’ll want to make this salad all year long!
HARVEST COBB SALAD
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 pear, diced
- 1/2 cup Fisher Nuts Pecan Halves
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
FOR THE POPPY SEED DRESSING
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- To make the poppy seed dressing, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, sugar, apple cider vinegar and poppy seeds in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Cover eggs with a tight-fitting lid and remove from heat; set aside for 8-10 minutes. Drain well and let cool before peeling and dicing.
- To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with arranged rows of bacon, eggs, apple, pear, pecans, cranberries and goat cheese.
- Serve immediately with poppy seed dressing.
All The Best
SAFIMEX JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
Skype: emma.lenguyen510 – Hp/Whatsapp: 0084 975.584.679