Nata de coco is most commonly sweetened as a candy or dessert, and can accompany many things including pickles, drinks, ice cream, and fruit mixes. Nata de coco is highly regarded for its high dietary fiber, and its zero fat and cholesterol content. No preservatives or other chemicals are added to Nata de coco. How to Make Nata de Coco | http://safimex.com
- 1 kg. fresh coconut, grated
- 325 mL or 1¼ cups glacial acetic acid
- 600 g or 3 cups refined sugar
- 500 ml or 2 cups coconut water
- 12 L tap water
- 2 L nata starter*
How to Make Nata de Coco | SAFIMEX
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Mix grated coconut with water. Strain thru cheesecloth.
- Pour the mixture into clean sterile fermenting basins or jars (2 inches depth). Set aside starter for use in 3-5 days.
- Ferment for 12-14 days.
- To cook it into a dessert:
– Cut nata into cubes or desired size.
– Boil in several changes of water until acidic taste or smell is completely removed.
– Cook in sugar at 1:1 ratio. If desired, add pineapple tidbits or nangka as flavorant.
NATA DE COCO (tap water) – Version 2
- 1 kg matured coconut, grated
- 400 ml glacial acetic acid
- 2 kg refined sugar
- 28 L tap water
- 5 L nata starter*
- Mix grated coconut with tap water. Strain through cheesecloth.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Pour into clean, sterile fermenting basins or plastic trays. Cover with clean paper.
- Ferment for 8-10 days.
- Harvest, remove scum, wash and cut into cubes or desired size.
- Boil in several changes of water until acidic taste/smell is completely removed.
- Cook in sugar at a 1:1 ratio (1 kilo sugar to 1 kilo nata or 3/4 kilo sugar to 1 kilo nata). Boil until nata cubes become transparent.
Mobile: +84 975584679 (Viber, Whatsapp)/ Skype: Emma.lenguyen510
Email: Emma.firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
SAFIMEX JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Head office: 216/20A Duong Ba Trac Street, Ward 2, District 8, HoChiMinh City, Vietnam.
Tel: (+84)-(28)-3636 2388 | (+84)-(28)-3636 2399
Web: www.safimex.com | E: firstname.lastname@example.org| Skype: agri.viet