Shrimp salts are a specialty of Tay Ninh, very popular with the Vietnamese people. This spice is usually served with rice paper, fruit or salad. You can make your own Tay Ninh flavored shrimp salt at home by following these basic steps:
- 500g of Shrimp peeled off the head
- 500g salt
- a carrot
- 100g sugar
- 300g hot pepper
- Monosodium glutamate
- Cleanse the salt, shrimp and pepper.
- Peel then cut the carrot.
- Dry the salt using hairdryer.
- Grind the salt to medium smoothness. Grind shrimp, carrots, garlic, chili…all are separately grinded due to different type of mashes for each type of ingredients.
- Put grinded shrimp, salt, carrot into a basket. Add 4.5 Tbsp of white sugar. Use glove to mix well till the mixture has the color of carrot, pour out the water if any.
- After mixing, spread the mixture to the sun-drying tray until dry (1 day under intense sunlight, 2 days for medium sunlight).
- After the salt is dried, squeeze till it get less sticky, grind for being smoother.
- Put the dried mixture onto pan, switch on the stove then stir the mixture using chopstick. Then add the chili, garlic and stir until the garlic salt is ready. You may want to were mask in this stage as the smell of chili will be very intense.
- After the chili garlic is dry, put in 200g of seasonings.
- Stir without heat.
- The product is medium salty, sweet, very fragrant, having the orange color of carrots, which is the dark color you may find out in vendors.
Note: Shrimp salt must be dried before roasting.
SAFIMEX JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Head office: 216/20A Duong Ba Trac street, Ward 2, District 8, HCM City
Mail: Sales1@safimex.com | Gmail: email@example.com
Skype: sales1.safimex | HP/Viber/WhatsApp: (+84)365713881