Today I’m sharing this Lime Coconut Jelly with Lychees for those who did not have a chance to get the Living Gourmet Magazine that was published in May 2013. This dessert is very refreshing as lychees pair well with coconut and lime. This recipe has been been tested and tasted by my friends and family before I submitted it for publishing. It has become one of our favourite desserts in my family. You can make this jelly dessert one or two days ahead before serving. Hope you enjoy this dessert as much as we do. Thank you Living Gourmet for giving me an opportunity to feature my recipe.
5 from 1 reviews
Lime Coconut Jelly with Lychees
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Author: Ann Low
Serves: 12 cups
(A) Bottom Layer Ingredients:
- 1000ml Water
- 265g Sugar
- 4 tbsp Fresh lime juice, squeeze and pass through a sieve
- zest from 4 fresh limes
- 500ml Thick coconut milk mix with a pinch of salt
- 2½ tbsp Gelatin powder, soaked with 4 tbsp water
- 2 drops of green colouring
(B) Top Layer Ingredients:
- 2 canned Lychees reserved 600ml syrup
- 1 tbsp Fresh lime juice, squeeze and pass through a sieve
- zest from 1 fresh lime
- 1 tbsp Gelatin powder soak with 2 tbsp water
- a drop of green colouring
- (A) Bottom Layer– Place water, sugar, fresh lime juice and lime zest in a pot and stir to almost boiling. Add soaked gelatin and bring to boil again over medium heat.
- Turn off heat and add coconut milk. Stir well and sieve. Add green colouring and mix well.
- Pour mixture into cups till ¾ full and chill for few hours to set into a coconut jelly.
- (B) Top Layer– Place lychee syrup, fresh lime juice and lime zest in a pot and bring to almost boiling.
- Add soaked gelatin and bring to boil again over medium heat. Turn off heat. Add green colouring and stir well. Leave to cool.
- Sieve lychee syrup mixture then add 2 to 3 tbsp of this mixture on top of the coconut jelly.
- Refrigerate to set and top with lychees when serving.
SAFIMEX JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Head office: 216/20A Duong Ba Trac Street, Ward 2, District 8, HoChiMinh City, Vietnam.
Tel: (+84)-(28)-3636 2388 | (+84)-(28)-3636 2399
Web: www.safimex.com|E: email@example.com| Skype: agri.viet