- 150g (or 12) salted egg yolks
- 30g unsalted butter
- 75ml full cream
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Optional: chilli padi and curry leaves
- Steam salted egg yolks over medium heat for 20 minutes – if you’re using fresh salted egg yolks, they’ll cook in 15.
- Mash salted egg yolks with a fork – resist all urges to start snacking on them immediately. For a smoother sauce, use a food processor.
- In a frying pan over low heat, melt the butter, but don’t let it brown. Add the mashed-up yolks and cook ’til they start frothing in the pan. This is a necessary step to make the sauce richer and to remove the funk from the eggs.
- Add room temperature full cream and mix vigorously to incorporate. For a runnier sauce, go for a 1:2 ratio of full cream to egg yolks; for a thicker sauce, try a 1:3 ratio. Season with salt and sugar to taste.
- For a spicy kick, add three chopped fingers of chilli padi after your cream. Fry curry leaves with a small amount of butter over low heat in a separate pan, and garnish the completed sauce with curry leaves when you’re ready to serve.
SAFIMEX JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Head office: 216/20A Duong Ba Trac Street, Ward 2, District 8, HoChiMinh City, Vietnam.
Tel: (+84)-(28)-3636 2388 | (+84)-(28)-3636 2399
Web: www.safimex.com|E: firstname.lastname@example.org| Skype: agri.viet