Makes 6 spring rolls
Per spring roll: 98 calories, .8g fat, 13g carbs, 1g fiber, 9g protein (12g Net Carbs)
Peanut Sauce (2 tbsp): 25 calories, 1g fat, 3g carbs, 1g fiber, 2.5g protein (2g Net arbs)
- 6 medium Rice Paper/Spring Roll Wrapper (about 8 5/8″ diameter)
- 1/2 lb cooked shrimp, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced into very thin strips
- 1 cup shredded carrot (can use bean sprouts instead if you are following a strict low carb diet)
- approximately 12 mint leaves (2 large per roll)
- 24 fresh cilantro sprigs
- 6 green lettuce leaves, bottom stem/rib removed
8 tbsp PB2 powder + 8 tbsp water — if you’d prefer to use peanut butter, substitute 4 tbsp peanut butter for the PB2 and water (Make sure to account for the calorie change!)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey (optional)
- 1 tsp soy sauce (can add more to taste after you combine all ingredients)
- 1 tsp garlic chili sauce (can add more to taste after you combine all ingredients)
- 1 tsp light coconut milk (can add more if you’d like a runnier sauce)
In each lettuce leaf, place some carrot, cucumber, mint, and cilantro and roll it up. Place to the side and have your 6 lettuce wraps ready to place in your rice paper. The shrimp will go on top of the rolled lettuce.
Lay down a cutting board or a towel in front of your ingredients. This is where you will place the rice paper and build your roll. Don’t use a paper towel because it will stick.
Fill a medium bowl with warm water. Place one rice paper in the water. Dipping it in and out for about 30 seconds. NOTE: you want the rice paper to feel like it’s still slightly stiff because it will keep absorbing the water even after it’s out of the water.
Place the wrapper onto your desired surface and put one lettuce wrap with it’s ingredients on the top 1/3 of your paper (see picture). Then, line up your shrimp on top of the lettuce wrap.
Take the right and left side and tightly fold it over on top of the ingredients. Then take the top portion of the rice paper and roll up all the ingredients.
Repeat the above steps for each spring roll.
Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl EXCEPT for the coconut milk. Mix well and then add your coconut milk until you reach your desired consistency — add a little bit at a time.
Taste your sauce and add any additional soy sauce or chili sauce until you get to the right taste for you.
Mobile: +84 1679922718 (Viber, Whatsapp)
SAFIMEX JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Head office: 216/20A Duong Ba Trac Street, Ward 2, District 8, HoChiMinh City, Vietnam.
Tel: (+84)-(28)-3636 2388 | (+84)-(28)-3636 2399