When it comes to paper communications, recycled paper is the greenest option, it uses less energy, water, and produces lower carbon emissions than the manufacturing of non-recycled paper and at the same time reduces the amount of waste to landfill – as paper can be recycled 4 to 5 times. With advances in technology and processes, recycled paper is now as white and has the same print performance as non recycled paper.
- Burying waste paper as landfill releases methane gas, which is 23 times higher and more harmful to the environment than CO2.
- On average, the production of virgin fibre paper, followed by incineration uses twice as much energy than it takes to produce recycled ones.
- Recycling reduces CO2 emissions by 20% in comparison with incinerating the paper.
- Paper fibres can be recycled 4 to 5 times.
- The process of creating recycled paper uses 31% less energy* than the creation of virgin fibre paper.
- Producing a tonne of recycled paper takes 35,000 fewer litres of water* than producing one tonne of virgin fibre paper.
- It takes 1.2 tonnes of recycled fibres to produce 1 tonne of Cocoon paper, but it would take 2.5 tonnes of wood to make 1 tonne of virgin fibre paper.
Are there any other Benefits of using recycled paper?
Besides the obvious environmental and social benefits, using this can be an asset to organisations in the fields of:
- Brand – using eco friendly one is good for your brand as it demonstrates a commitment to the environment.
- CSR – the environment is part of most CSR policy’s and choosing it can be part of the solution to meeting this commitment.
- Communication – Visual way of upholding brand values.
- Endorsed – the use of this paper is scientifically endorsed by UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme), WWF and Greenpeace.
- Environmental Benefit Statement – by using Arjowiggins Graphic recycled papers, you can show the environmental savings you have made with an ‘EBS’. This will show the exact amount of landfill, CO2, wood, water and energy you have saved by using recycled paper.
By using recycled papers and by picking a printer who is committed to the environment, you can ensure a totally environmentally minded approach to printed communications. Our recycled papers offer printers the opportunity to gain environmentally accreditations such as ISO 14001, FSC and PEFC.
How do recycled papers look and perform?
These papers are available in a range of whiteness; from natural to a bright white shade. Our whitest papers do not look recycled and are comparable to leading virgin fibre papers; whereas our natural papers have the aesthetic historically associated with this paper.
Research and innovation in the recycled paper industry now means that printing on this does not mean approaching the design or printing process in a different way.
If you have demand with these products. Please contact us anytime via email or skype, quantity as well as all questions you need.
HP/Viber/WhatsApp: (+84) 985867630