If you’ve been browsing our pillows and cushions, you may have noticed we use natural kapok as our choice of fill. This natural fiber is widely used in Asia as a filling for bedding and upholstery, but what exactly is kapok, and why is it so sought after?
What is Kapok?
Kapok is a natural fiber that comes from the seed pods of the Ceiba tree. The tree is native to the rainforests of tropical regions like Central and South America, and of course Southeast Asia and Thailand where we are based. The fibers are harvested from the Ceiba tree’s large seed pods, which contain a fluffy, cotton-like material (another term for kapok is ‘java cotton’). Kapok has been used for centuries, stuffed inside everything from life jackets to yoga cushions, due to its lightweight, hypoallergenic, and water-resistant properties.
Benefits of Kapok Filling
- Hypoallergenic: Kapok is naturally hypoallergenic, making it the perfect choice for those who are sensitive or have allergies.
- Lightweight: Kapok is extremely lightweight, which means it won’t weigh down your pillows or cushions
- Breathable: Kapok filling is highly breathable, which means it won’t trap heat and moisture like some synthetic fillings can.
- Durable: Kapok fibers are naturally resilient, which means they can withstand regular use and maintain their shape over time.
- Eco-Friendly: Kapok is a sustainable and renewable material, which makes it an eco-friendly choice for those who want to reduce their environmental footprint.
Our kapok is sourced locally from Vietnam and untreated – not dyed. It is hand picked and gathered, then pieces of pod and seed are removed by hand before the kapok is placed into large bags and sold in natural markets.
As it is hand picked, you may see some specks of pod in amongst the beautiful fluffy kapok – a tell-tale of it’s natural, hand gathered origins.
We has supplying natural kapok fiber with a good price for bulk order. If you are interested in this product, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or click at https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/NATURAL-KAPOK-FIBER-FROM-VIETNAM-VIETNAMESE_62003370253.html?spm=a2747.manage.0.0.67882c3cy1rQVV
Source: LANNA PASSA
SAFIMEX JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Head Office: 216/20a Duong Ba Trac Street, Ward 2, District 8, Hochiminh City, Vietnam.
Tel: (+84)-(28)-3636 2388 | (+84)-(28)-3636 2399 | Website: https://safimex.com/