This is the best coconut shrimp recipe I’ve tried and you won’t believe how easy it is!
Yield: 1 pound; 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (or whole wheat) (measured correctly)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 pound raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
- vegetable oil or coconut oil1
- Start with 3 medium bowls. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in one. Beat the eggs in the second bowl. Combine Panko and coconut in the third bowl.
- Dip the shrimp into the flour, then the eggs, and then dredge the shrimp into the coconut mixing, pressing gently to adhere. You want a lot of coconut on each shrimp. Set the coated shrimp aside on a plate as you coat the remaining shrimp.
- Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet on medium heat. Fry the coconut shrimp in batches – do not crowd them in the pan. I fried about 6-7 at a time. Flip after 2 minutes and fry the other side for 2 minutes or until golden brown. I like mine a little darker, so I fried each side for about 3 minutes.
- Place the finished coconut shrimp on a plate lined with a paper towel as you fry the rest. Serve with your favorite sweet chili sauce or an orange chili sauce (which is 1 part Thai sweet chili sauce to 2 parts orange marmalade). I’ve tried this dipping sauceand it’s very tasty as well.
- Sprinkle with a little chopped cilantro (optional) and serve. Leftover coconut shrimp keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make ahead tip:Fried coconut shrimp freezes well, up to 2 months. Reheat for 10 minutes in a 350F oven– or until thawed and warm.
- I prefer frying the coconut shrimp in coconut oil for the best taste!
SAFIMEX JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Head Office: 216/20A Duong Ba Trac Street, Ward 2, District 8, HoChiMinh City, Vietnam.
Tel: (+84)-(28)-3636 2388 | Fax: (+84)-(28)-3636 2399
Email: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Skype: emma.lenguyen510 – Hp/Whatsapp: 0084 975.584.679