This is a Thai seasoned main dish combining the wonderful flavors of lemongrass and pineapple with chicken.
Sauteed Chicken With Lemongrass And Pineapple
- 15 minutes
- TOTAL TIME
- 45 minutes
- CALORIES PER SERVING
- SERVINGS: 4PRINT
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Pineapple Juice
- 3 tablespoons lemongrass paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons lime peel, grated
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 (1-1/2 lb.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 to 2 red chili peppers
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Pineapple Cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
Combine chicken broth, pineapple juice, lemongrass, ginger, lime peel, fish sauce, and 1 tablespoon soy sauce in sauce pan. Bring to a boil; turn off heat and let flavors develop while cooking chicken.
Heat oil in large sauté pan or nonstick skillet. Sear chicken breast pieces, about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Add remaining soy sauce and chili peppers; cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and drain excess liquid.
Strain chicken broth mixture into small bowl and mix with pineapple and cornstarch. Pour broth mixture in the pan with the chicken and continue to cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until sauce begins to thicken.
Sprinkle with cilantro and mint; mix to combine. Serve immediately with rice or noodles.
SAFIMEX JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Head office: 216/20A Duong Ba Trac Street, Ward 2, District 8,
HoChiMinh City, Vietnam.
Tel: (+84)-(28)-3636 2388 | (+84)-(28)-3636 2399